Monday, November 24, 2014

Year & A Half Of The Snake

Dear readers...

You must have noticed a serious absence of posts for 2013 / 2014 - this period has been one of the most difficult times of my life since I last battled the demons way back in the 60's.
My dear old Dad got seriously ill on the 1st of January 2013, spent over 3 months recovering, got ill again, recovered from that, only to have a major stroke in September. 
After 6 weeks in hospital he finally passed away on the 5th of November 2013, at the ripe old age of 92. For those non-English folks out there, November the 5th is Guy Fawkes Night, or Bonfire Night, when we perversely celebrate the failure of a gang of anarchists to blow up the House Of Parliament in 1605. The now infamous "Anonymous" masks are in fact Guy Fawkes masks. So he went out with a bang rather than a whimper, as we say!
Anyway, apart from having to deal with his illness, clearing out his house was a major job; then there was the funeral to organise, plus all the legal paperwork associated with selling the house, & dividing up his inheritance amongst all the family members. During this year & a half my health also deteriorated - aches & pains were so bad sometimes I had to cancel 1 or 2 concerts, something I've never had to do before. Fortunately it seems that most of this was stress-related, & now it's all over & done & dusted, I'm feeling much better.
So things are slowly getting back to normal (whatever that might mean) - I've just returned from a tour of Japan, & after a few days I'm feeling just fine - last year I was so exhausted after a similar tour I spent several days in bed, so.....I'm not complaining!
Next job is updating all things web-related, & uploading material that should have been online a long time ago - I'm also hoping to honour agreements I've made over this period to complete some online music collaborations - apologies to all those people I promised to send tracks to. 
Looking forward to a few (if not many) more years of making music & generally having some fun - more to follow.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment